Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

Reality Check: Paleo, Isopure, Blunt Truth

Hello Everyone!!!

It's been almost a month since I've updated you all on my progress in life. Well first let's start with how my workouts have been going. I have tried the Paleo diet and yes it definitely works. I followed it fairly strictly for a week and lost 7 lbs. I was really excited about the change! I stuck with the diet for the following week too and was really happy with how consistently I was losing weight. Then springbreak came and some homemade monkey bread. (Side note: In case you don't know what monkey bread is it is a pull apart bread with dough balls covered in cinnamon sugar and the entire cake is covered in homemade caramel sauce. A recipe will be up soon.) Well that didn't go well...and then I found myself eating out a lot that week. So as I fell off the wagon and the wagon rode away at an alarming speed I began to devise a plan that would help me get back on again.

I decided the paleo diet is great but a little too extreme to start out with so I decided to become Paleo-ish for now and maybe full paleo sometime in the future. So my basic diet plan is no dairy, no grains, legumes, and very little artificial sugar. I will include beans because I love them! And I will include some desserts because I love them and completely depriving myself will only lead to a binge. In all I am 15 lbs down since January.

Also I love my Ispoure!!! I think it has works amazing! It keeps me full and the dutch chocolate tastes like a cold glass of chocolate milk. I have also included PB2 with chocolate into my diet. It's powered peanut butter with 85% less fat than regular peanut butter. It comes in a powder form, you just mix it with water and go! LOVES IT!!!

Last but not least I met with a trainer at my gym today to discuss my goals and what I'm doing to get there. I didn't seek out this information but a trainer came up to me and started a conversation and the next thing I knew I had a meeting to discuss all kinds of fitness things. So I went and told him with my goals and plans are...he low key laughed. Then he proceed to tell me why things aren't working like I would like them to be working. My current workout regiment is lifting class for 60 mins twice a week, cardio 3-4 times a week for 90 mins. Now let me say I love my weight lifting class (bar, plates, lunges, push ups, abs, clean and presses, ect) and in the month that I've been back at it I have noticed my muscle definition forming in my legs. But this trainer said my downfall is too much cardio. He gave a long explanation that I would love to give to you all but it was a lot to process. He said my cardio should be 45 minutes max (but more like 15-30). Which definitely explains why no one else is in the gym as long as I am LOL. Also I need to be in my target heart rate...oops. He said the way I'm training now is more for a long distance trainer as opposed to someone wanting to tone. Now some of the reason I do so much cardio is because I like listening to my music and clearing my mind. Please let me know if you have any additional thoughts on the advice he gave. I'd love to hear all points of view.

So, I plan to implement my new paleo-ish diet, with my isopure and PB2 with fruit. I will also be switching up my workout to lifting Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays with cardio Tuesdays, Thursdays, and maybe Saturday or Sunday (not both). I am also considering yoga as a part of my plan. I've seen a lot of pictures on instagram (follow me at fabgirlnikki) of regular yoga, acro yoga, and partner yoga. I'm intrigued. I don't know how to get started but I hope to figure it out soon.  I will be updating you all on how it all goes.

Talk to you all soon!

P.S. That was a lot...clearly I need to blog more often. LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment